Create 2 wheels and put them on the move.
Download source project t1063.zip (2 kb)
You can use the source file for your own projects.
- Launch Flash Designer and set frame size at 300 x 300 (Frame > Frame Size)
- Draw a circle (hold Ctrl to draw equal edges)
- Resize the circle to 100 x 100 pixels (choose Item > Resize)
- Remove the outline (choose Item > Line Width > None)
- Click a color of the palette to fill the circle with a solid color
- Draw the top cog (with the Line tool) and click the same color of the palette to apply the color to the cog. Apply 5 pixels line width to it (choose Item > Line Width > 5 px)
- Duplicate the cog. Choose Item > Rotate > Rotate Arbitrary
It will create additional 35 cogs rotated by 10 degrees each (full circle has 360 degrees so we need 36 cogs total). Use half of the circle height to define the center of rotation (Y offset).
- Use Selection Arrow to select all cogs (draw a rectangle around them). Choose Edit > Combine.
- Press Ctrl+A to select both circle and cogs. Choose Edit > Align > Center on Page
- Choose Edit > Group to create single object
- Choose "Animation" > "Motion" and select Rotation 1 (ultra slow). Click OK.
- Choose Edit > Duplicate and copy the item. Press arrow keys to align the item precisely
- Choose "Animation" > "Motion" and select Direction CCW to rotate the second wheel counter-clockwise. Click OK.
- Hit F9 for preview